Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still Alive

Its been well over a week since I was here last, so I wanted to put everyone at ease and announce I am still alive, and TV Free....it almost sounds like a disease.  The biggest scare for me came on Tuesday; the day began with the greatest phone call in the world "No School Today."  After sleeping in a bit, and then having breakfast at home with some of our other teacher friends, Leslie and I found ourselves with much of the day ahead of us and....well no school to keep us busy.  I wanted to break the cardinal rule of a teacher and head to school to get some extra work done...Leslie was convinced this was the worst idea ever.  After some negotiation we settled on me getting 2 hours at school and then us renting a movie. 

I really need to start reading the instructions more.  For example, I didnt realize we got one free movie night per month.  This eased my guilt as Leslie and I sat down to watch "Dinner for Schmucks."  The movie was alright, good for a laugh, but definitely not a life changing event. 

Leslie is not fully committed to the No TV rule, but has been watching much less.  She also has been supportive in the fact that she tries not to watch TV when I am home.  I am finding that I crave TV much less.  I heard through the grapevine that MSU lost to the ILLINI the other night....glad I didnt have to witness that :-)  This weekend I start my next Masters class, so Im sure that will add more to my busy schedule and help to keep my mind off of those witty commentators on ESPN!

-Rebel

2 comments: