Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Rebel & Leslie 2 down and 363 to go

This is Rebel (only boy of the family) and as you can imagine this is only the latest crazy adventure that my sisters have drug me into.  My wife and I don't have any statistics to add, but I can tell you that I finally decided to take on this challenge while sitting on my couch during Christmas Break.  Channel 245 (DirecTV) was showing a marathon of the "Back to The Future" movies.  I have to admit, they were still pretty good so I watched all 3 (7 hours total).  The following day I got drug into another trilogy "Pirates of the Caribbean,” and somewhere towards the end of the 3rd movie, I remembered Veronica’s No TV 2011 Challenge.  When I started thinking about it I got more and more upset with myself.  As a teacher I look forward to breaks probably more than the students do…and now that I have time to do all of the things I swore I would do if I only had a few extra hours in the day, I didn’t do any of them because I was busy sitting on my couch. 

So far, the New Year is off to a good start.  I did watch some of the MSU game at Leslie’s fathers’ house yesterday, but as Vern stated I didn’t feel like I would have missed out on anything if I hadnt seen it.  Today was good; I have been at school a couple different times and did some much needed cleaning around the house.  I think when the school week starts, this will be much easier.

Leslie is not sold on the no TV rule.  I told her that I was going to do it for a week (if I can make it through New Year’s Day bowl games) I think I can make it through anything.  I also told her that it was something that I was going to do, but that she didnt have to do.  So far she is with me, but she is nervous about missing out on the Spartan basketball games (I will miss them for sure) but I wont miss "Desperate Housewives, 16 & Pregnant, Keeping up with the Kardashians" or any number of other reality shows....I mean no disrepect "Survivor" you truly will be missed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment