Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lovebirds

It was brought to my attention that I might speak a little harshly about my husband at times so this post is in honor of Jeff, my main squeeze.  I will preface this all by stating I have meant no disprespect towards him with any of my posts so if they came off that way I apologize.  I simply try to tell our NO TV adventures as honestly and naturally as possible while making them entertaining.  A brief explanation about our relationship would probably be warranted at this time.  The title of this post is Lovebirds.  We are not Lovebirds.  Never have been.  We always have had a tough love kind of relationship.  I rarely receive compliments from my husband and to be honest a few more of them now and then would be nice, but I understand that my husband shows his affection differently-- usually by picking on or even taunting people.  That is just how he works and I accept that. I know when he picks on my workout pants calling them "Peg Bundy Pants" that what he really means is, "I LOVE YOU, especially in those pants".  You won't find us to be one of those sickening couples who are always doting on one another, writing poems for each other or snuggling on the couch together (although oddly enough since the TV has been off we actually do this more!).  We are honest with each other, possibly to a fault.  Which is why when I told Jeff I wanted to kick our TV habit for a year, he felt comfortable telling me that my idea was a ridiculous one and that he wanted no part of it. Jeff comes around though.  Let me explain.  When I had my major medical issue with my brain and started organizing fundraiser events to support research into hydrocephalus, I told Jeff I wanted to organize a 5K.  He, of course, thought it was a crazy, terrible, idea and that I could never pull it off. He tried to talk me out of it.  However, when I continued on and started planning the event, Jeff started helping with the race route, preparations and other planning.  He jumped on board and was a HUGE help.  It was the same with the NO TV  2011 idea and I am sure that is how it will be with my next big, crazy idea.  What I am most excited about is that while we may never be Lovebirds by mainstream standards, since we have turned off the TV, I feel we are becoming our own version of the same.  Oh and the TV is still off at our house and last night we went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment