Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Daniels Two Days In

Yes, we are still here, and I am sooo glad to hear Rebel is on board.  As like the rest of you my husband is not exactly on board, and by not exactly, I mean not at all!!  But the kids and I have been doing well.  Although I have been allowing Kenny to watch 30 minutes when he wakes up in the morning, this has been his routine for so long I have not figured out how to break that yet without a complete 2 year old melt down. at 6:30 in the am. Any suggestions would be great!  But I have eliminated all other TV for him, last night he didnt even ask for TV before bed as long as I kept reading books for him, I think he forgot about it because we were having such a good time.  Although with Mark in charge of Kenny for a couple hours while I ran to the store yesterday, the TV was back on for him when I returned...still working on the problem, even tho he is only 2 he has already figured out that Dad will give in on TV waaaay easier than mom!!
Mark has made no major changes so far with his TV watching, but I will keep you all posted on any progress!! 
I have not really missed the TV myself, I think I will just remember all my TV friends the way they were when I stopped watching, but someone else really needs to tell me if I win the wheel watchers club hehe.   Anyway to occupy myself lately I have made some major improvements on my home: painted my entry way and scrubbed it top to bottom, then reorganized, (mark used the word amazing when he checked it out) I also filled my entire car with stuff for goodwill, organized Kennys mess of a room and still found time to plan and cook two healthy dinners for my family...2011 is off to a great start!!
I have a new stat for you all today too!! According the American Diabetes Association there is a direct association between watching TV and developing diabetes.  In a recent study, men who report watching more than 19 hours a week of TV are 150% more likely to develop diabetes than those men who reported watching 3 hours or less a week.

1 comment:

  1. This is good stuff Mird, I do have to say that my favorite part has been reading about all of you....I feel as if I have 3 sisters now that before were more or less "old roommates." :-) Another confession, I like to see how many comments we have for each blog, so I have been reading and adding to a few of them to make this seem more impressive.

    -Rebel

    ReplyDelete