Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bath Tub

When I was writing my so helpful blog about entertaining your kids without television I forgot one of the biggest forms of entertainment in our home, the bath tub.  This one was highly popular long before we divorced our TV.  It is like a waterpark in your own home!  I kid you not.  If you fill your tub up, add a few bubbles and throw your kids in there, they will play.  No matter what else has happened in a day and no matter how foul a mood my kids are in, I can put them in the tub and get between 30-45 minutes of blissful peace before a fight breaks out, or one of them tries to drown another.  And that is in our measely tub that is no larger than a good sized toilet!  Or course, my kids are small enough that I have to play the life guard, but that is where the acting gig kicks in again.   You can have fun serving as their life line, if you are in a goofy frame of mind.  So if all of my other suggestions fail, try tossing your kids in the tub for an afternoon and if you are really talented, you can get the rest of your bathroom cleaned while they play.  I know I did yesterday.  Now that was some excellent multi-tasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment