Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, January 28, 2011

January Overview - Daniels

I suppose its close enough to the end of the month to do an overview.  I like to pretend winter is almost over, so I suppose calling it the end of the month early will help!!  I will start by saying that although we are TV free for the most part we do let kenny watch on occasion, we try to keep it to 30 minutes or less and it is definitely not a daily thing.  I myself have not watched any programs and honestly I don't miss them a whole lot, I often wonder what some of my characters are up to and I have to remind myself that they are not real hehe...I agree with Domin that educational programs are probably good, I just have never really been into those to start with, generally the TV I watch is straight up drama shows with no real value other than the ability to addict you to them! I have become quite attached to my reading though and have been reading educational books along with my for fun books.  I have been reading a lot of nutritional books and diabetes books (I was diagnosed just before Christmas with type 2 diabetes), so I guess I am probably smarter :)  And I read for fun books to fill in the absence from the drama shows I like!
I also don't feel like I have been a whole lot more active in my life but when I step on the scale I am actually 10 pounds lighter than when started this whole thing a month ago, so maybe I am actually more active than I realize! or maybe its because I don't sit in front of the TV snacking at night (its hard to snack in the bath tub), or maybe its because I've tried lots of new healthy recipes from the books I've been reading!! either way its the easiest 10 pounds I have ever lost!!  So if anyone out there is trying to lose weight I would suggest turning off the tube!!
Also some home improvements - I finally finished painting the inside of my house (after only one year) and I think my house has been much cleaner.  I actually had a friend say the other day that my house seemed "pretty clean" when she was over the other day...which is big time for me!! usually its a disaster area and people are just polite enough to not say anything!! I have vacuumed probably 10 times already this month, and yes my house needs it that often, compared to once a week or even every other week in 2010.
So overall I think its a good start to the year and when I run out of bubble bath maybe I'll even get back to my "to do" list!!
peace out - mird

1 comment:

  1. Type 2 Diabetes! I didn't know!
    Great to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete