Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dangers of No TV

Okay so I have to admit when I read Mird's post about the dangers of not watching TV, I thought she might have been a little dramatic. How bad could a "baby book" be right?  But then I found myself strattling a barstool that was precariously positioned in our bathtub tonight in an attempt to scrub the ceiling and I did find myself questioning the safety of No TV for a brief moment as well.  One might ask, "why scrub the ceiling of your bathroom?" And before I gave up TV, I think I'd have been one of those asking the question, but instead here I am providing the answer.  I was scrubbing the ceiling because for some time now mold has been growing up there and I used to just try to avoid looking at it so as to pretend it didn't exist, but that was then and this is now.  I feel like I am an entirely new person.  I don't know if any of the rest of my siblings feel that way, but I do.  I gave up TV and now I am different, better even.  I am more patient with my kids and I spend more time really focusing on them and the activities we are doing.  I am more likely to clean and organize things while listening to the radio than I am to sit around my house. For those of you who know me, you are probably wondering at this point in time if aliens have abducted the real Vern and I am some evil imposter, but I can assure you this really is me. It's good old Vern.  I have just somehow become more organized and motivated.  I credit the lack of TV, but who knows maybe I was just due to get organized eventually.  I am just going to continue believing in the NO TV gig as I am having a great time so far.  I didnt even miss Ellen today and I had all my chores done by 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment