Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm here

I travelled over the new year and did not watch a bit of tv through Jan 2.  I have to go re-read the rules to make sure now that were home I follow the rules.  Our household is split also.  Ivar is not really in, but I'm sure he will be watching less if I am watching less.  Being he will still watch tv I am not covering our tvs, however all the other rules I will follow.  I plan to earn enough points to watch 1/2 hour of news a day and the biggest loser.  I'm putting that into self help as I am also trying to work out, eat less and loose weight.  Anyway tonight I did laundry and read a gardening magazine instead of watching my normal tv schedule.

My new years resolution is to not shop at any big box store this year (except costco) and to learn more about what I am buying and where it came from.  I am going to try not to buy items made in China so I think I will be using some of my spare time to search for US made and other imported goods.  Tonight I also learned about Viking Range corporation from Mississippi. Created by one guy who wanted a great stove and now is a manufacturer of many high end kitchen appliances. 

I'm looking forward to this adventure.   Domid

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the game Domin and Ivar! Happy New year and here's to no tv. PS everyone has modified the rules to fit their spouses needs so feel free to do the same I am following them completely. I just keep it simple and dont turn the tv on at all.
    vern

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!?!?! You can earn points to watch shows?? There are rules?? I feel like I am the last to know everything......."Vern is pregnant?!?!" (Inside joke).

    ReplyDelete