Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, January 20, 2011

On the Road

We took our happy, no TV watching, butts on the road today and visited some of our best friends, the VanHoutens.  Well, technically Hazel and I did this.  Kara and AJ spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa.  It was a much needed break from our house since we had not so much as left the house since Monday (unless you count the time playing outside with Kim Tuesday for the kids and the short run on the same day for me). Either way, we needed to get out!  We watched about five minutes of Dora at their place before I talked their 2 year old into playing with me for the rest of the visit.  While part of the NOTV 2011 deal is that we can watch television when visiting others, so I could have desperately searched the schedule for Wheel of Fortune or Ellen reruns. It just didn't feel right to me. Plus I am not very good at manuevering through TV guides since we don't have cable or dish, so I likely would not have had the know with all to get one of my favorites up and running anyways. So we played games, read books and played dress-up the rest of the afternoon until nap time.  Then we headed back to our TV free home feeling refreshed and ready to stay TV free for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment