Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Let me start acknowledging Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. tomorrow is the day the United States of America recognizes him for the contributions he made towards equal rights for all.  I will celebrate with a toast, famous of my late great-grandfather Bossi, "Love One Another".  It was a saying he said often and I try to embrace it every day.  No matter what differences we may have, I have found I can learn something from everyone I meet everyday. 

On the TV front, I have been watching very little.  My husband doesn't believe it.  When asked, he doesn't seem to remember that we haven't been watching.  Sure he still turns on the morning weather and news and watches high stakes poker once in awhile, but he has not been watching as much because eventually he realizes I am not there and comes looking for me.  Don't get me wrong, I do still watch some TV, but on weekdays only 1/2 hour of news and the biggest loser on DVR (no commercials).   Definitely a lot less than normal.  I really don't miss it at all. I'm trying to remember how I had time to watch it.  There are so many things I want to do.  Currently I'm trying to perfect fresh ground whole wheat flour bread and fresh made pasta.  I'm also starting to plan my 2011 garden!  I'm finding now that if there's nothing I want to watch I don't watch. 

I will however be starting to record the new episodes of antiques roadshow.  This past year we were picked for tickets to the DC event.  We made it to the green room and I'm expecting to see my mother -in -law with her famous chairs on the show one of these Monday nights. 

Domid

No comments:

Post a Comment