Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday's Fun

Why is it that we take our children to fun places like the library to play with the toys and read the books, all they want to do is unplug the various things plugged into the wall?  I am here at the library with my two youngest kids and the only thing that is of any interest to Hazel is the copy machine and the computer plugs.  Usually she just likes climbing on the chairs and from the chairs she maneuvers onto the tables and once she summits the tables she screams at the top of her lungs.  I am sure she is just celebrating her accomplishment, but in the library it seems inappropriate to stand on tables screaming so I suppose this outlet infatuation is a slight improvement from the normal table routine.  But still I wish she would show some level of interest in the toys or books.  That would be nice especially given the amount of effort that goes into a trip to the library in the first place. 

Anyhow, we have already been to work out this morning and I met someone. Don't worry, not a guy.  I met a girl who can work out like the Incredible Hulk. Or maybe to be gender correct, she works out like Superwoman.  Seriously, I was impressed so much with her weightlifting workout that I actually went up to her afterwards and I found myself saying something I never thought I would hear myself say to anyone let alone a stranger at the gym. It sounded something like this, "I am not trying to sound creepy or anything, but I was just watching you work out and you are incredible.  How did you learn to do that?".  It didn't scare her off either. She was actually flattered that I had noticed so we are going to meet up Tuesday and she is going to show me the ropes in the weight room.  I need to be shown the ropes that much is apparent after my meager attempt at weightlifting solo this morning. I'm not even sure if I know what the ropes are in a weightroom so I definitely need to be shown how to properly operate them.  I actually lifeted weights this morning for the first time in over ten years (other than when I was a member at Curves).  If curves counts, then it was for the first time in about two months.  Anyhow, I did my workout this morning by myself and it wasn't pretty so this new Superwoman teacher will be a welcomed addition to my training schedule. 

So now we are here at the library playing with the various electrical outlets and passing the time until Kara is done with school.  Then we can pick her up and head home for lunch and a much needed hot bath.  No worries on the television front.  We remain TV free and proud to be.  I hope my siblings are as well although we rarely hear from them anymore.  Hopefully the lack of hearing form them is not due to a relapse into the world of TV.
Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment