Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, February 4, 2011

The Notebook

I am not trying to plagiarize Nicolas Sparks with the title, it just fits my particular story I plan to share this morning.  So last night, as Jeff and I often find ourselves these days, we were playing a heated game of cribbage.  I mentioned that I have been learning to play cribbage in my long dissertation on marriage yesterday.  Anyhow, we were just sitting there playing cribbage.  We were in the middle of game number two. I had already lost one game earlier and to be honest for a quiet guy, Jeff was getting a little cocky about his cribbage playing skills.  I was getting slightly annoyed with him for his constant bragging and mockery.  I can't wait until we go back to Scrabble for a few days.  Then we will see who is the true champ! So there I was in the midst of losing yet another game to Jeff when he said the magical little words to me, "oh I got a notebook to record the official scores. Grab the bag, it's on the counter".   I realize to you these words don't seem to be all that exciting, but to me the news was exciting, wonderful, life-altering even.  I was so excited you would have thought I just won the lottery.  In my mind, I just hoped that he remember to get me my own notebook.  We had talked about notebooks a few nights before during a previous cribbage dual.  At that time, I had requested a little notebook for myself.  I wasn't sure if he actually paid attention to my prior request so I was just hoping that he somehow remembered me too!  Anyhow, I grabbed the bag of goodies off the counter and looked inside to find not just one single notebook, but two beautiful, glorious tiny notebooks!  They were perfect.  The notebooks were just the right size, compact, but still holding many pages  Now at this point, you are probably wondering why in the world I got so excited over a little notebook.  Well you will be happy to know, it really is for your benefit too.  You see, I have all these great ideas of stuff to write about while I am out and about with the kids and then when I get home I can never remember them.  Now when I am struck with a brilliant thought while chilling at the library, I can jot it down in my perfect green (which is my favorite color) notebook all because Jeff remembered me.  Well he almost remembered me. He had actually gotten the second one with Scrabble records in mind, but he agreed to let me have it once he saw my eyes light up with excitement over the little green one!  And if you hadn't already guessed, the TV has still been off at our house!
V Out

No comments:

Post a Comment