Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, February 10, 2011

20th Follower

Yes NOTV2011 finally acquired our 20th follower!  How exciting is that?  I only wish that balloons and confetti could fall from the ceiling right now!  That would make it seem more official and exciting.  If you know anyone who might be entertained with our blog, please encourage them to "follow" us.  Or even if you know someone who wouldn't be entertained, but who would just sign up as a follower that is cool too.  Send them our way.  We are just trying to get our numbers up so we are not picky about the quality of our followers.  In this particular instance, and I don't say this often, it really is quantity over quality!

On the television front things are going very well.  I continue to not watch any TV at home.  The little bit that I watch at other homes is not much.  I caught one puzzle of Wheel of Fortune a couple weeks ago after Thursday dinner at my in-laws. I was so excited at the time, but really it was no better than okay.  Now that I have not watched it in awhile the magic seems to have worn off a little. I have not watched any movies either, but I am thinking of watching either Letters to Juliet or Valentine's Day next week. This would be for our hot Valentine's Day entertainment. And it is contingent upon Jeff locating either of these movies at the local library (yes he is too cheap to rent it) and on him actually remembering my request in the first place.  So actually I probably won't end up watching a movie at all. We will probably be found playing cribbage or scrabble on Valentine's Day.  I will let you know.

I started reading, "Eat Pray Love" last night.  I am only about 8 beads into it, but it seems like it is going to be really good so I am excited about that.  Plus I really like the author's writing style so I think it could be helpful to my recent writing endeavors.  I will let you know how that all turns out too, but I suspect it will be more successful that the romantic movie date that Jeff was assigned. 

Some of my old college roomates and I might start a book club!  If you are interested in joining us, we plan to meet in Grand Rapids once a month.  The rest of the details are not worked out as of yet, but I will let you know once it is up and reading!  The book club would be welcomed for the NOTV year and possibly beyond.  I used to really enjoy reading, but then I had kids and well time to read just doesn't seem to happen.  I figure if I join a book club I would have to make the time to read. Honestly since the TV is no longer on it would probably be quite easy to fit in the reading.  I am actually read a lot in the evengings already so it would just be a matter of reading the assigned book instead. 

I also talked Jeff into played scrabble last night and I won again.  This helped to mend my wounds from the brutal beatings I have been taking at cribbage lately.  Other than that, we are just business as usual here, minus the television of course.  And life without TV is still good.
Vern Out

1 comment:

  1. mark rented letters to juliet out of a vending machine for only $1 a night, so that might be a cheap option if the library doesnt have it!

    ReplyDelete