Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Busy Day

I didn’t have time to miss the television today.  I was too busy, way too busy.  It is a little after ten at night and this is the first that I have sat down all day.  The good news is Hazel slept all night last night; the bad news is she woke up at this morning and I have been going, going, going, since. 
I ran a 10K race first this morning and took first place in my age group!!  How cool is that?  Of course, there were only two people in my age group, but I still beat the other chic.  Don’t get me wrong I am still super excited to win, I just wanted you to fully understand the competition.  For my victory, I even get a cool beer mug and everything. Plus my time was pretty good for me too so you will hear no complaints from me about this particular race.  Okay maybe I will share just one complaint, there were so many damn hills on the course.  I would summit one hill only to find another pesky one hiding right behind it.  Hill after bloody hill, I made my way through the course that ran through my old hometown of Fremont.   
I am directionally challenged and always have been. Directionally retarded may actually describe me and my sense of direction better.  It is eerily similar to my natural craziness thing that I have going for me.  I am also naturally able to get lost just about anywhere.  I am actually amazed that I don’t get lost in my own house some days.  It once took me over two hours to get home from a race that was in Holland Michigan which is about 25 miles from where we live.  And no, sadly enough, I am not kidding.  It is possible that this uncanny ability to get lost is hereditary, or somehow genetically linked, because my sister, Miranda, is the same way.  She once spent two hours driving from Lansing to Sleepy Hollow State Park just outside Lansing.  She nearly went all the way to Detroit, or maybe it was Saginaw. I can't remember which one, but she gets lost easily too.  Needless to say, I didn’t drive around Fremont much growing up due to my innate ability to get lost.  So I saw several new areas of town on my run today.  It was actually a very picturesque route, just too hilly for my taste.  
I just found out this great news about the race results a few minutes ago and now I am so excited that I can’t sleep so I figured I would try to be productive and catch up on some work on the computer.  I already completed my MOPS homework and now I am catching you up on my no TV life which is going AWESOME I might add.  I can honestly say this first week of February I have not missed the TV at all.
As if running 6.2 miles this morning were not enough or a workout for the day, I decided to join my mother-in-law and two of her sisters on a skiing trip to Turks for supper tonight as well.  I know I am a glutton for punishment. But if I am to have any chance at actually completing a marathon this year, I figure I have to step up my exercise regimen significantly. The Turks ski trip would do just that which is why when I was invited it seemed like a good idea and I agreed to go. While I actually did have a great time, I now find myself seriously exhausted and somewhat questioning why I subjected myself to so much exercise today.  I have not been this tired since Hazel little teething episode last month which as we all know nearly cost me my left nipple.  At least my nipples are still in tact after today's exercise induced exhaustion.
Anyhow, when we were discussing the possibility of me joining them on the skiing adventure, my mother-in-law assured me that Turks was just two miles away.  Maybe as the crow flies, but I am pretty sure we skied at least 3 probably closer to 4 miles before I got to eat those AWESOME onion rings.  How about those Turk’s onion rings, anyways huh?  They are sinfully delicious, melt in your mouth, morsels of scrumptious onions.  I absolutely love them a whole bunch.  The fish tacos were quite good too.   Well I am afraid that I have begun just rambling about nothing important at this point in time which may be why Jeff gets annoyed with me for talking too much so I am heading to get some well deserved sleep.  Today I was too busy for TV, tomorrow I may just be too sore for anything else.  
Vern Out  

No comments:

Post a Comment