Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cooking Strike Ends!

So hazel had her 15 month check-up this morning.  As usual we spent an exurbanite amount of time waiting.  We waited to be checked in, we waited to be called back from the lobby and then we waited again in the exam room for the doctor to arrive.  Waiting in the exam room is when things got interesting.  We did all the usual stuff, read books, sang songs, dug through and emptied mom's purse and we checked out all the offerings of the room itself.  Hazel loved the boxes of free samples that were tucked away safely in the cupboards.  At first I tried to get her to leave them alone, but after several failed attempts I decided to let her play with those too.  I figured she was probably not the first kid to be completely enamored with them and she probably wouldn't be the last either.  Then I myself became bored so I decided to hop on the scale.  I had not done so since my recent cooking habit came to a head so I was a little concerned at what I might discover.  I was still actively on strike from cooking itself.  However, the strike ended there.  It ended on the doctor's office scale.  As with Miranda, I have actually lost weight for the first time in my life without trying to do so.  Since we started the NOTV deal, I have lost six pounds!  I was amazed.  I actually didn't believe it at first so I got off the scale, reset it and got back on and the result was the same.  I actually weigh six pounds less than I did one month ago!  Given the amount of food I have consumed recently, I truly believed the opposite result would be true.  I had prepared mentally for the defeated feeling that comes with weight gain.  It was unnecessary preparation because I have lost six wonderful, glorious pounds!  The strike has ended and I am now working fevereshly in the kitchen.  I am preparing a big batch of guacamole and my first Strawberry Upside Down Cake for dessert.  We are having our traditional Thursday Dinner with the in-laws tonight and I plan to eat whatever I want for dinner once again.  And I will be having a big piece of cake to celebrate both my recent weight loss and more importantly the end of my cooking strike!
Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment