Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My introduction to weight training with Super Woman, I mean Becky

So it turns out that the super buff workout lady is human, not a super human immortal as I suspected she was.  She is just a normal old human being like the rest of us.  So once again I was proven wrong.  Her name is Becky and while she is not a super hero, I am convinced she is as close as you can get to a super heor without a cape or lycra body suit being involved. Becky is not only incredible to watch work out, but she is INCREDIBLE to work-out with as an added bonus she is very patient as a teacher.  And even better yet she and I have a lot in common.  We are both in our early thirties, we both like to chat and we both have kids.  We were immediately connected by some unwritten code of motherhood and thirtysomethinghood!  It was the best workout I have had in awhile.  I can honestly say that I have never lifted weights so impressively before in my life.  I could actually feel my confidence grow with each repitition.  It was in a word, awesome.  I even found myself precariously balanced standing atop one of those cool workout balls doing squats.  Yes, me, completely uncoordinated Veronica, did this.  I won't say it was pretty like Becky's squats, but I did it!  But, boy am I going to be sore tomorrow.  I suspect that the sore I feel tomorrow will be much worse than the moderate pain I felt after Sunday's snow tubing adventure.   Sunday's snow tubing pain, which set in yesterday morning, was very unexpected.  Yes it was unexpected pain because I run so much that I really didn't think walking up a hill a couple dozen times would matter.  Again I was wrong.  What can I say other than I am a humble human being so being wrong doesn't bother me too much.  The mild discomfort from the snow tubing incident is going to be soon lost anyways.  I suspect by sun up tomorrow it will be deeply burried underneath the new pain that I just created with this most recent workout.  One certainty is this; Tomorrow I will be a new kind of sore.  Likely is will be the most sore I have been since my brain surgery.  I am not scared though because I am sure that the pain will not surpass my surgically induced pain and I survived that so go ahead-- bring on the pain. Tomorrow the pain will just represent a successful first workout with Super Woman, I mean Becky.  I survived a Super Woman workout and I did squats atop a balance ball! And I only fell once.
Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment