Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The vanKotens

Well they too were warned that this day would come and now here it is.  The vanKoten family update is about to begin!  First a little background information.  When NOTV2011 was just a seed of an idea I called my older sister certain that she would be at least as excited about it as I was.  Boy was I wrong. Dominica vanKoten's initial response was, "what???No TV???, but that is all we do???" 

Well I am not one to take "no" for an answer. Not only am I stubborn, but I am persistant as well. So for the next few weeks, Miranda, Rebel and I did what all good siblings must do. We ganged up on her, we teased her and tortured her (as much as you can torture someone from 800 miles away) and we bullied her into submission which in this particular instance was signing up to participate in NOTV2011.  A small victory for us, "the little kids"!

Anyhow, that said, she is one of the members and as such she should be adding to the blog more regularly than she has been.  However, she has been too wrapped up in the Miss America Pageant and other beauty pagents to log on and write anything.  Plus she has been tuning into that show about 16 and pregnant because secretly she loves babies and wishes she had a whole litter of them!  Ivar has been captivated by Nancy Pelosi so much that he tunes into CSPAN in his waking hours. And while he sleeps, Ivar dreams of Pelosi feeding him smoked gouda cheese while brushing his beard.

Alright I think enough creative juices have been spilled on this one, but Rebel and Leslie you are next in the realm of creative writing so add a post or pay the price.  You get one week to update us on your television use (or hopefully lack thereof) or I will be adding a post about you.

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment