Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ginkgo Biloba

I bought some Ginkgo Biloba today. These days I feel like I have lost my edge, or my mind, take your pick. Actually they are probably both true to some extent.  Over the past few months I seem to be more forgetful than usual so I figured I would give it a try.  A friend of mine swears by it and said she would never be without it again.  I can't hardly be worse off in the memory department so I will give it a shot.

I have done all of the following things over the course of the past two to three months.  Gone to the store to buy Cool Whip and returned home without it (dont worry I got other stuff I just forgot about the Cool Whip).  I lost a borrowed book. No worries Brian, I found it at my doctor's office a few days later, but I totally lost it for a short time.  I have lost various peices of clothing. Both my own personal clothes and my children's clothes have fallen victim to my poor memory.  I swear no one's clothes are safe in our house these days.  My best friend and I were supposed to get together yesterday and I totally forgot about it.  In my defense, she never called me either, but I just totally forgot it which usually is unlike me.  I also didn't realize that there were two great big windows in the master bathroom in our new house.  I just never noticed it. This oversight on my part became the source of a heated argument between Jeff and I the other night.  He still thinks I don't care enough about the new house and I just don't think I store the amount of data currently in my mind that effectively so why would I want to add a bunch of other information about the house to my mixed up mind?  I don't.  That seems a bit suicidal to me and I am not that.  And most recently I lost my infamous notebook-you know the one with all of my brilliant ideas in it. It contains all of my best thoughts.  It is like the Greatest Hits volume for Vern and for three days I couldn't find it.  Losing that really was like losing my mind. There are probably other things I have forgotten as well, but I can't remember.

Anyhow given my recent track record, I thought it time to try something new.  Notes to myself can only work if I can keep track of my notebook and we all know how that is going. So I bought a bottle with enough Ginkgo Biloba to last me three months. I figure I will reaccess the situation at that time.  As a back up plan I bought enough icecream, coffee, bubble bath and wine to get me through at least three months so if it isn't effective at least I will be happy.  If I have seen no improvement during the trial period then I can talk to my neurosurgeon about a catscan to make sure everything is okay inside my brain!  Maybe I just have mommy brain.  I don't know, but I seem to be more forgetful than usual.

Of course the television is not being used at our place. Now that the NHL and the NBA are both done and champions have been crowned there is not much in the way of sports for Jeff to watch. Instead we have just been leaving the television off, enjoying the nice weather (not today of course, but in general) and listening to the Tigers on WLAV.  Go Tigers!

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment