Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, July 8, 2011

First week-second half

Okay the first week of the second half of NOTV2011 is over. It went by really quickly and is but a blurr in my memories that is looked upon fondly.  I am reading Amanda/Miranda a novel set in the early nineteen hundreds in the British Isles so if you catch a hint of old school language with a titch of British flair that is the reasoning behind it.  Not that I've gone completely mad, nor has my Mrs. Doubtfire/Julia Child hybrid character spilled over into my writing.

The book is totally not the kind of book I would generally read, but it is surprisingly good. I ended up with it after Miranda read it.  She was born in 1982 while our mother was reading Amanda/Miranda (back then it was new) so my sister was in fact named after this book. Who knew people back then still had crazy stuff going on in their lives.  It really could give soap operas of today a run for their money with all the crazy scandalous stuff that is happening in the book and there are some steamy parts too!

So far I have maintained the perfect ten score for this second half of the year. I know we are only a week into it, but still I feel happy that I have not watched even a hint of the bloody television this week. There are so many more wonderous things to do than to tune in to TV. For now I am tuning out to go run some errands which include getting the Brainy Day 5K tshirts picked up this afternoon!  Oh and Rebel and Leslie the next time I get on here it will be to write about you!  That is not a threat, but a mere promise!

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment