Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Untitled

I'm taking suggestions for title for this one.  I am just writing on the fly again at the library with not three, but four, children to watch this time.  I know I am always looking to improve my parenting skills so adding another kid (when I was already struggling with three) seemed like a terrible and great idea all at once so I went ahead and ran with it!  My neice, Haleigh, is joining us a couple days a week this summer so occassionally this will be my reality watching four kids on a rainy day and trying to avoid watching television while I am at it.  So far so good. 

I created passports for the kids to use this summer to document all of our travels.  They are pretty sweet.  Complete with photo ID.  I am pretty sure they won't get you through airport security, but the kids love them and I think considering my lack of artistic flair they are pretty cool.  So far this week we have visited Travel Leaders in Spring Lake (I thought it fitting that Grandma who owns the travel agency be the first to stamp my delicate passport creations), the library, Ferrysburg Park and in a few minutes we plan to add a Front Porch (icecream shop) stamp to our passports.  I am happy to report that the television has not been on at all at our place.

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment