Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Monday, March 21, 2011

This past weekend

This past weekend was in a word, perfect!   It started out with The Boyfriend musical at Evergreen Ministries which was very cute.  I am always impressed with their talent.  I was most impressed with Brandi's performance and that of the maid.  The maid's solo was fantastic!  Then I headed straight to Mega 80's night at the intersection.  I danced for four hours straight and was so completely exhausted by the end of the night, but it was so fun that it was totally worth it!  

Saturday morning, I found myself too tired and sore to actually move let alone run to pancake breakfast so I took the day off from all activity other than a short mile run with Kara at the Aquatic Center.  She LOVED it!  So I am so thankful that we did that.  We hardly ever get time together with just us so it was a special treat. She said, "It was the most fun I have ever had!" 

Then Sunday I volunteered at the Indoor Triathlon at the Aquatic Center.  My job was to count laps for the participants at the running stage.  It was very cool.  I was glad for the opportunity to give back.   Next year I plan to compete in it not just watch.  Afterwards I had enough leftover time to fit in a four mile run of my own before heading home to hang out with the family.  Kara and I made dinner together and it turned out really good (thanks Loretta for the inspiration for this one--sausage, peppers Penne pasta and sauce!).  Miranda, Kenny and Cody came to dinner and played for a few hours too which was the icing on the top of our perfect weekend cake.  Once again I found myself far too busy to even miss television at all this weekend although I was stuck listening to its sounds for the better part of yesterday afternoon as Jeff watched the March Madness games.  Oh well that will all be over soon!

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment