Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Still reading

March is reading month in Kara's school maybe it's a national thing I am not sure.  But anyhow, we have been reading a lot more than ever before as a result.  I have still been reading a lot at night too.  I am reading The Last Lecture and The Reader right now.  Both are quite good.  They are very different, but both good reads.

The TV remains off other than the occasional March Madness game.  I will say that I do not like the new format where half the games (including the current MSU game) are not on regular network television, but are aired only on cable stations.  We never did have cable and the year without TV is no exception so we can not watch it. We are stuck listening on the radio and I really hope that they can pull off this major comeback.  I like to watch the Spartans play especially in March Madness games so having to just listen is a bit sad to me.  Right now I miss TV. 

Anyhow, I am going to watch The Boyfriend, a musical, at Evergreen Ministries tomorrow and then I am hoping for a repeat on the Mega 80's night afterwards.  If all goes well that is the plan which is a super fun night that and doesn't involve a television set at all.

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment