Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My First Lent!

I am 34 years old and participating in my first ever lent.  I am not Catholic so I don't feel too bad that I have not experienced this before.  We are still TV free at our house. I still have not heard from my siblings despite my encouragement to get them to write.  I will just keep picturing my ideas of what they are up to.  I did talk to Dominca yesterday and she said she is watching some television.  I think SOME means whatever TV she wants which honestly is okay with me.  I dreamed this crazy little thing up and so I don't expect others to be so excited about it as I still am.  I have added the mission of getting more organized to my already full plate; the plate that lacks TV and includes a rigorous marathon training regimen.  I know, I am a gluten for punishment!  I must give credit where it is due so thanks to Katie Eisenberger for inspiring this most recent undertaking! Thanks to your brilliant idea, I am also participating in my first ever lent by organizing one thing each day.  Today it is bins of clothes in the basement.  This does have the added bonus of entertaining me without TV!
Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment