Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, January 20, 2012

Rocky

Lately when I have been running out in this less than desirable winter weather, I have been seeing clips from Rocky playing in my head.  It really pumps me up and makes me feel invinsible when I think that I am running through the rugged, snow covered woods just like Rocky did!  If only I could figure out a way to stack some fallen trees on my shoulders while I run, then I would be really buff; then I'd be Rocky tough.  I just keep waiting for The Eye of the Tiger to blast out over the winter wonderland filling the air with something other than bitter cold, but so far it hasn't happened. Maybe tomorrow.  Anyhow,  I have been running in the inclement weather often enough that I have gone and gotten myself in the mood to watch Rocky. 

This is quite strange to me since I have never actually watched the entire movie, just bits and pieces here and there.  I may just do it too;  I might just sit and watch Rocky sometime soon.  I bet I can even rent it from the library so Jeff won't complain about how much it costs! Praise God for this!  For the most part, I still do not watch television and if I do happen to watch something our blog followers are the first to know. So if indulge and I do watch Rocky it will be a true treat and you will hear all about it!  Maybe I can get some ideas of how to spice up my workout by watching it.  I will consider it research.

Today we did a courses lunch.  This means that I serve the kids little dabs of all the leftovers in the fridge to clear it out.  In order to make the whole thing seem more exciting I label it a course meal; makes it seem fancier I guess because it works every time with my kids.  They were so excited and ate so good that I treated them to a viewing of the alphabet video that Miranda passed on to me.  It is a half hour show that helps the kids learn their letters and the sounds that each letter makes. And it works.  Those songs sure are catchy; I've been singing G says guh, D says duh and P says puh for the past 15 minutes (among others). 

This weekend the kids and I are heading to Fremont to spend some quality time with my family, visit my Grandparents and attend the FFA's 100 year celebration at the high school.  I will likely find myself running through some more winter weather.  While I run, I am sure I will either be singing the Rocky theme song or alphabet jingles. But I am not complaining. At least I am healthy enough to run and motivated enough to have run 48 consecutive days (and counting).

Vern out

No comments:

Post a Comment