Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Productive snoring

I never thought I would find myself describing snoring as productive, but today I would say it applies to my current state of affairs...So I am totally sitting on the bathroom floor at the City Flats Hotel wishing for a roommate of the non-snoring variety.  I just can't sleep when people snore so when the unfortunate snoring awoke me at five this morning, of course I took it as a sign from God that I should get my early morning run out of the way since the rest of the day is going to be spent at our retreat being filled by the words of God and then once I return home dealing with the fall out from being gone for the past 24 hours .  I suited up and hit the road.  I returned a few moments ago and the snoring has not improved if anything it has gotten louder.

To share the story of the run as I so oftentimes do, it went something like this:  First of all, I nearly went for the run at midnight; I've been wanting to do so since I started this silly streak, and someday I will but, all the Evergreen Ministries women were so much fun to hang out with that I didn't want to miss a minute.. I ended up playing games and chatting well after I turned into a pumpkin.  I literally fell asleep while midsentence in a conversation with my roomies.  When the snoring awoke me at five I decided to take advantage instead of getting mad so I used my indiglo Timex light to search for my running clothes. 

Once I found enough clothes that I felt I would effectively ward off frostbite, I headed to the bathroom. I once again used my watch to locate the toilet because the light switches here are not exactly normal and I can not for the life of me figure out how to turn the bathroom light on.maybe that is how this place maintains Gold level LEED standards; they just make anything that takes energy too complicated to use.  Once dressed and with an empty bladder I headed to the streets of Holland. Due to my uncanny ability to get lost, I stuck to eighth street and ran up and down it as far as I could in each direction.  I ran for 25 minutes and I am calling it 2.5 miles for the day since I was running at a pretty slow pace.  While running the only people awake and outdoors were the plow guys.  The plow guys working on the Pizza Hut parking lot hollered at me that it was "too cold to be out running!"  I just kept on running. I mean they did have a valid point, but given the snoring situation here at the hotel running in the wintery cold seemed preferable.  So this morning I can honestly say that snoring has made me more productive it is only 6AM and my run is done and I have published a post on my blog!

Here at the hotel no television has been used, but I fear that the homefront may be a different story.

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment