Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, January 13, 2012

Mom's going away!

I am super pumped for a Women's Religious Retreat that I am attending tonight with my best friend, Brandi!  We are staying at the City Flats Hotel in Holland and there is a dynamite line-up of speakers for us.  I can't wait for the fellowship and fun that it will undoubtedly bring.  Jeff is in charge of the kids for his first time (since we joined the world of 3), unassisted, overnight so we will see if everyone is still alive when I get home tomorrow!  Since Jeff is in charge, I am guessing that tonight and the better part of tomorrow will be spent in front of the television, but at least if everyone is safe I guess I can't complain too much.

Yesterday in order to get my running in I ran wind sprints up and down our road for 12 minutes while I waiting for Kara to get home on the bus.  This experience totally took me back to the high-school volleyball practices with my then best friend, Mandy.  We sure rocked those practices and Mandy you'd be proud of my running yesterday if you'd been there.  Too bad I didn't get to play pepper afterwards. Anyhow the wind springs took place in the middle of the snow storm so I am pretty sure my neighbors all suspect I'm crazy now too!  Oh well at least the streak is in tact!  I am up to 41 days of consecutive running!

Other than that I have no books to read right now, because our next book club book, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, is apparently extremely coveted and incredibly popular right now and has 39 holds on it at our library and I couldn't find anything else that looked great right now.  It is probably just as well because this weekend is very busy and we still have a lot to do around the house.  Sunday we are throwing my new niece, Breslynn, a super cool baby shower at our house so hopefully Jeff and the kids don't do too much damage while I am gone.

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment