Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, September 30, 2011

Tiger Fever!

If we had cable we would be turning on the television tonight at 8:30 for the Tigers game.  Since we don't have cable, we won't be doing so.  We will be listening on the radio on WLAV.  GO TIGERS!

Wednesday night was Kara's night to stay home with mom and dad. When asked what she wanted to do for her special mommy and me time she quickly replied,"get a Tiger's shirt".  Apparently Kara has an acute case of Tiger Fever which was probably contracted from your truly.  At least there is no unsightly rash or bruises that comes along with it!  I must say this is the first time I have really been into baseball and I am really into it. I am wearing my Tiger's sweatshirt right now while daydreaming of tonight's game!  Verlander-- let's go man!

Well it seemed like such a simple request so I of course approved it without realizing that it would actually require driving around for nearly two hours and visiting six stores before we would actually find a suitable shirt--one that fits my skinny minnie little Kara. And that girl is skinny. She LOVES her new shirt and is wearing it today with such pride. She wears it with pride, and with a pink long sleeved shirt underneath it so that she doesn't get cold and as Kara so eloquently put it, "so it doesn't make me look like a boy". 

Anyhow, other than the cost of gas and the twenty bucks for the shirt, it was a fairly affordable outing for her special night and by the time we found the shirt and drove home it was after nine o'clock so it was time to head to bed! We had a lot of laughs and fun during the outing.   It is definitely one of those special memories that you can't make with a television set.  Kara kept saying, "we can't give up mom. You told me to never give up!"  How could I argue with my own words?  I think her pep talk will be replayed on October 16th at the marathon!  I will use those words to push me through the pain!  And another added bonus to the whole adventure was that our dog, Stan, even came along for the ride, so we had some quality time with him!

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment