Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Book club-The DBC

So when I decided to give up television for the year one of my friends, Lori, emailed me and said "Vern since you are not watching television why don't we start a book club?"  I will be honest, I was not all that excited about a book club, but I did figure I would get to see some of my friends more regularly so I reluctantly agreed.  Well shortly after this written conversation, I started reading.  I haven't stopped.  I just finished book number 18 (that I can remember anyways) and I am working on number 19.

Well book club has been going strong for eight months now (I think) and not only do I look forward to seeing my friends (which I always knew I would enjoy) I actually look forward to reading the assignment each month!  One of our prior readings was Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons which ironically was about a group of women that starts a book club.  After reading that one, we decided our club needed a name so after much deliberation and so many changes to our schedule that I don't even know what our schedule is anymore, we settled on The Dysfunctional Book Club (The DBC).  It suits us perfectly.  Anyhow tonight is book club and I can't wait!  To think book club may have never been born if I hadn't kicked the TV to the curb!  So glad that I did and so excited to see my reading buddies and pick out our next reading adventure!

Sidebar-Mird I am so glad you have been posting updates again and so sorry to hear that you were all sick.  I think I would have caved in too had I been puking my guts out!

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment