Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

And...

I am guessing the Gingko Biloba is not working.  I can't seem to remember much of anything these days.  Then again, maybe my recent surge in forgetfullness is just the sum of my current reality:  I have three young children and caring for them is my day job.  I also have a husband who recently underwent back surgery with a 4-6 week recovery period.  I am experiencing my first ever crescendo of marathon training regimen which requires me to run at least 30 miles a week and oh yeah we are still in the process of building our new house which requires different unexpected things of me each and every day.  Need I go on?  It is no wonder that we missed the pre-kindergarten parent's meeting a couple weeks ago and that Kara had to arrive to her first day of schoool without her backpack because it conveniently went MIA yesterday.  Anyhow, for the record, I don't think the Ginkgo works.

I never was one for statistics.  It seems like if you look hard enough you can find a statistic to support darn near anything.  I don't care about how fast people can do anything unless you are talking about running and then mostly I am just amazed and how fast some people are.  I don't need to know how many touchdowns Peyton Manning has thrown or how many teams are still in the running of the World Series.  Furthermore, I don't really care how likely I am to be struck by lightning or run over by a car while I am out for a run.  I'm gonna run either way, so I guess I just don't see the value in statistics weighing me down or worrying me.

However, some statistics of mine recently have impressed even sceptical old me; like the number of food items I cleaned out of our van last week, 23 or the number of miles I have run so far this year, 528.5!  I also find it somewhat impressive that I, the woman who had all but given up reading when I started a family five years ago, has now read 17 books this year (and these are just the ones I read to myself and can remember since we all know my memory is not stellar there could be a few others). And more importantly, I have read countless others to my kids. Speaking of useless statistics, we read at least five hours a week and it was upwards of ten in the winter months sometimes more!

Anyhow, the television is still off, I am still running/training for GR marathon and caring for four other people and reading a lot and making sure our new house stays on schedule and under budget and... and... and...

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment