Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Saturday, September 24, 2011

20 Miler

Today I ran my first 20-mile long run; the Grand Rapids Marathon training run.  It was brutal, but in a good way.  I feel like I am strong and powerful right now, as I relish in the run induced adrenaline rush.  It is way cool.  Way better than television although I am watching bits and pieces of the MSU game on ESPN at my in-laws as I write this and that is pretty cool too!  GO GREEN!  I feel great about life and I can not wait to run the GR Marathon next month! Yesterday was my birthday and I didn't tune into any shows other than a few bits and pieces of Fringe since Jeff was totally cheated and tuned in to that while listening to the Tigers on LAV.  Talk about sensory overload for me.  Go Tigers-- way to pull off a come back!  I am hoping to head to Turks for dinner so that I can pig out and not have any mess to clean up.  We'll see.

Other than that stuff, life as usual is happening at our place.  The new house is coming along well and I just found out that I get to have speakers in my bathroom. Speakers!  So not only can I lounge in a spa like environment while relaxing in my jetted bathtub with some candles and mood lighting, now I can listen to some mellow music while I am at it!  Man I can't wait for the new house to be completed! 

It will feel so good after long distance runs like today to soak in my new tub.  My muscles certainly are fatigued and I have three blisters and a couple of toe nails that might fall off after today's run. 

Little TV, I mean Vern, Out

No comments:

Post a Comment