Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The hangover

Let's talk hangovers!  But first things first, I by no means am any type of hangover expert if you want expert opinions about hangovers you will have to look elsewhere. In my 34 years of life I think it is safe to say I have had less hangovers than my fair share. But I do know this:  Hangovers make you significantly less productive than you would otherwise be.  They are productivity destroyers.  I had every intention of writing a nice post about my weekend on Sunday.  Clearly that did not happen since I was busy being hung over on Sunday.  I should start at the beginning.  God created the earth... Oh not that far back sorry.

Yes the beginning to this story starts last Saturday night:  it was the baccelorette party for my best friend from grade school.  I really thought I would eat a nice dinner at San Chez, party for a little, have a couple drinks and head home before the clock turned midnight and I turned into a pumpkin, or something like that.

Well that is not how the night ended up, not even close.  I did enjoy a nice dinner at San Chez, but other than that everything was different that I expected.  I ended up having several drinks, dancing, once again, like an out of control rockstar, until the bar closed and the eighties music subsided.  Then I spent the night at the J.W. Marriot with the rest of the bachelorette attendees: by the time I got home it was post breakfast on Sunday morning. Mommy does not usually do things like this so Sunday I was feeling ROUGH.  I am proud to say that I did still attend the confirmation for Jeff's second cousin and I actually had a nice time since it was at a Catholic Church and there was wine involved with the meal! 

I am thinking that hangovers don't have any type of respect for the aging process.  I never remember having any hangovers when I was younger. And while I have never been a big drinker, I am sure I drank too much at least a few times when I was in my twenties, but I have no recollection of any hangovers back then.  None whatsoever.  The only hangovers I remember are from this decade and they seem to get worse as time goes on.        

The best part of this particular hangover is that it in no way resulted in the watching of our television!  I am still not sure how this was possible, but other than listening to the Redwings for a little while I slept on the couch Sunday afternoon, I did not partake in any television related activities since I last wrote.

Again no intent to plagiarize the hollywood blockbuster, the name just fit today's post.  It has been the longest I have gone without posting on the blog since this little social experiment started and all this happened because of the aforementioned hangover. 

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment