Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, May 20, 2011

Back at it

First of all, kudos to Dominica for posting an update.  Kara requested some of your bread the other night at dinner she remembers it from your last visit so the wheat mill was a hit with her!  I think everyone agrees that we would rather hear from everyone how it is going, even if you are not still television free so this can be a lesson to the others (Rebel and Miranda we expect updates from you this weekend otherwise you know what happens...I make something up and my imagination is still out of control!)

Anyhow, I am back at it and that is to say trying to write an update post while watching my children at the library.  So far Hazel has turned off a little boy's computer (he was really upset) and screamed bloody murder right in the middle of story time, twice.  Needless to say we didn't actually finish story time we have been banished to the play area.  Aven is being surprisingly good today.  He even cleaned up at home before we came here without having to be told to do so.  That was a nice surprise.

At our place the television remains off, but I have been allowing Jeff and the kids to watch America's Funniest Home Videos on Sunday night if they have been good all week as a treat.  Then mommy gets an hour off so this will be the third week for that tradition assuming my kids continue to be good and don't blow it in the last two days. 

Other than that I am still reading a TON.  I read to the kids during the day and I am reading for myself at night.  The book club is in its third month of life.  This month we are reading Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons and it is pretty good.  I am enjoying it a lot.  It tucks a lot of serious issues into a funny light book and after reading 1984 last month I needed a more lighthearted read this month.  Until next time. And wishing for updates from my other siblings so I dont have to get creative next time this is Vern signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment