Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Monday, November 21, 2011

What a day!

I realize the day is only halfway done, but it has been a great one!  First of all, I was visited this morning by the Coffee Whisperer and anytime you start a day with a cup of fresh brewed Magnum Coffee you know it is going to be a great day.  It sure beats Sanka instant which is what I have been drinking the past few weeks since there was a small jar of it for a couple bucks on the clearance tower at Orchard Market and Jeff's Grandma swears by the stuff.  Well technically I have never heard her swear, but she does stand by instant coffee.  Drinks it every morning. 

Anyhow after that tantalizing and wonderful start to my day, the kids and I created some extra special Thanksgiving Day surprises for the Grandmas.  I would give more details, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.  I then rounded the kids up and we headed to the Aquatic Center where I ran 4.5 miles on the cross country trail without any knee pain!  That is what I am most thankful for today, a run that was painless!  It was beautiful outside too and the air was crisp and refreshing.  I then took my well earned 15 minute shower. I am still loving  those showers.  They are hot, relaxing and best of all still uninterrupted! 

Next came lunch and the kids were so good for the occasion!  I am so proud of them when they eat well, the meal is even healthy, they use their manners and put their dishes in the sink when they finish!  After that we had to drop Kara off at school and we even remembered her donated canned food items and her item for show 'n tell and you all know our history with that (at least if you follow my M-live adventures). 

I then decided, against my better judgement mind you, to bring the remaining kids (Hazel and Aven) to the library even though it was technically nap time. I figured I might get away with it since they had slept past seven and seemed to be having a good day.  So far so good!  We built an awesome road that goes all the way around the couch in the kid's area and AJ is delighted. 

Kara and I are reading Mathilda (a Roahl Dahl classic) for our evening special reading book right now and I will say Dahl really had it right with television.  The television is completely vilified in the story and we are loving that, not the nasty old telly!  If you haven't read this one I highly recommend it.  Kara is loving it and begs for extra chapters each night!  We have also read The Twits and James and the Giant Peach.  Next stop Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! 

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment