Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Survivor

I used to love watching Survivor; it was one of my staples for many seasons.  Don't worry I have not cheated for Survivor this year, not even once. Honestly, I don't even know if it is still on, but regardless I am not watching it.  We had actually quit watching Survivor long before NOTV started just because it had gotten redundant and boring in my opinion.  But it was, at one time, my very favorite show.  I even sent in an AWESOME audition tape trying to get on the show back before kids took over my life.  In it I ate a raw egg and a grub of some sort, I climbed a very high silo up at my folk's farm and for the grand finale I jumped in a very large pile of cow manure.  Rebel was my editor and he did an awesome job.  I am still waiting for my callback, but I doubt it is coming.

Anyhow, I am a survivor myself right now even without being on the show. Not only did I survive Monday's fiasco of getting to MOPS and then getting Kara to school on time (among other heroic feats), but I also survived opening day of deer season which in our home serves as a not-so-gentle reminder of the fact that my husband loves deer more than he loves me.  Just kidding, but I do sometimes wonder if this isn't just a little bit true.  Deer don't disagree or talk back and they definitely don't go running all the time thereby leaving you to tend the children.

At this juncture, I find myself praying frequently that our home will soon be finished because the stress levels have reached an all time high in our house building adventure and I can't take much more of it.  Hopefully I will continue to be a SURVIVOR when all is said and done with the house.  Right now I am surviving another trip to the library and so far Hazel hasn't destroyed any major appliances and she is still not dancing on the tables which is a very good sign that we will survive this trip!

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment