Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Television smellivision

I have totally gotten to the point where I no longer think about television.  It is just not a part of my daily routine and has not been for so long that I really don't give much consideration to television anymore whatsoever.  That said, today I thought about it for the first time in a very long time.  It was just a brief fleeting thought, but I did think about watching television for a few moments today.  Today I feel old.  My body is tired, worn out really, and my legs are slightly sore from the half marathon I ran last night.  So when I started thinking about what I wanted to do after the kids were tucked into bed, I thought that sitting and watching a movie would be nice.  I thought it would be relaxing and entertaining and nice.  And then I thought, "no Vern you are better than that and you don't have any good movies to watch anyways".  Then I thought, "I wish I would have borrowed Office Space from Miranda this weekend.  Then I could watch that tonight.  That show is really funny."  Then I thought "No Vern you are better than that.  You are stronger than that and darn it people like you".

Now I am on my way to take a hot bath and head to bed early.  Maybe I will try to read more of my book for Book Club, Devil in the White City, although it is off to a slow start and I am struggling to get into it at all.  I need to force myself to keep reading, but I so do not want to do that...

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment