Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Busy bees

We have been as busy as bees and have not missed TV lately whatsoever.  First thing this morning I ran to pancake breakfast and earned myself some pancakes and coffee.  Jeff was finally persuaded to bring the kids and meet me after I begged and pleaded for about a half an hour.  I had to get all three kids ready to go as well before I hit the road literally running (since Grandma and Grandpa are still gone Jeff had to take them alone so me getting the kids ready was part of the deal), but it was totally worth it and the kids did great. And as usual the Crockery Township Pancakes were YUMMY!  After that, the kids and I headed to Fremont for day one of the Smith family reunion of sorts. Jeff stayed home to work on the lawn mower since mowing season is right around the corner and it was non functional at the end of last year.

Day one of the Smith family gathering went smashingly well and I am not being facetious.  It was so great to see each other and the kids played really well together. Dominica made home-made pizzas (the crust was made from whole wheat flour she made with her mill) and we got to pick our own toppings. So the pizza couldn't have been any fresher and it was very tasty.  Some of the best pizza I have ever had. 

Anyhow, I did begin harassing Rebel and Dominica about posting on here once a week with a brief update and I got an entire littany of excuses.  "I just forget"  "I don't know what to write about" "I am too busy" "we just don't do much" to name just a few of them for you.  I have to care for three kids (four if you count Jeff!) and that is a 24-7-365 gig and I find time to do this so I don't have a lot of sympathy for either of them especially since they don't have kids and I don't have internet at home so most of the time I have to do this from the library while watching three kids.

The library blog posting while watching children is a rare art form that I am close to perfecting. Well to be more accurate, I am close to perfecting this if losing a child at least three times during each session, causing power outages to library computers, allowing for the destruction of library property and losing library and credit cards counts as close to perfection!  We always make it home alive and in one peice as my mother used to say so I figure all is well. 

Oh I almost forgot.  Jeff asked me out on a date and I accepted. It was kind of romantic (at least for us). So last night Jeff and I watched the movie, Precious.  If you have not watched it, I won't spoil any of it for you, but I will say this. It is the kind of movie that makes you thankful for all that you have and that makes you think a lot. So in my opinion it is worth watching.  It has some somewhat disturbing scenes so it is probably not the best date night movie selection (especially if you are just dating someone), but Jeff did okay. We have watched worse movies back in our television watching days.  Tonight we are just relaxing after a long day of visiting and playing outside in this wonderful spring weather!

The best news yet!  There are no signs of Strep Throat in our house tonight.  I am not sure just how long the incubation period is for that, but we have to be getting close to being in the clear!
Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment