Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I've decided

I have decided what I am going to do in 2012!  I am going to run, read and otherwise live in my bath tub.  Now I realize this sounds ridiculous, but hear me out on this one; I promise it will make sense in the end.

Now in 2011, I logged over 800 miles, ran my first marathon and did my first mini-streak (not running around naked, but running (so far 26) consecutive days in a row) so I think it is safe to say that I will be running in 2012 in some form or another, but definitely not naked. 

I also read 30 books of at least 200 pages in length and since I plan to significantly limited the use of our television, it seems safe to say I will still be reading in 2012.  Plus I am a member of the Dysfunctional Book Club (The DBC) which happens to be the coolest Book Club this side of the Rockies. Yet  again another great reason to keep reading.  I think I shall!

The bath tub part is where things get interesting and where explanation is probably warranted.  You see up until last night the new bath tub was just a theory.  In theory, it was going to be incredible to soak in it and relax my worries away, but last night my theory became reality.  My worries were soaked away one powerful jet at a time.  I took my first bath in the new tub and not even three screaming, overly excited, out-of-control children could dampen my mood; it was AWESOME!  I was able to get a full body massage while relaxing in piping hot water for about forty five minutes.  This new tub seriously is like a hot tub in so many ways.  I guess that is why it cost about as much at a hot tub, but it was worth every penny.  Every single penny.  I LOVE it and I may never find need to wander out of the bathroom now that I have access to this.  I have a large enough ledge all the way around it to support wine, cheese and crackers so even food will not be an issue.

So I'll say it again.  I've decided what 2012 will bring: running, reading and a year long vacation in my bath tub!  And this is one group of decisions that I feel great about making.  Unlike so many other choices I have made in 2011 (paint color, carpet, tile, linoleum, toilets, counter tops, cupboards, light fixtures) You get the idea.  I made a ton of decisions most of which I felt completely unqualified to make and not the least bit confident making.  There is no indecision or doubt in my mind about my 2012 decisions!  With hope, luck and a little help from the man upstairs (okay maybe a lot of help if we are being completely honest) I will see to it that these become my reality!

Happy (almost) New Year, 2012!!

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment