Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, December 16, 2011

The crash

Just when I thought I was getting a handle on things, my sister goes and makes me look bad.  I tell you sisters are good for nothing.  Nothing.  Just kidding. I love my sisters. But Miranda did write an update on the blog which nearly caused a traffic accident and had that happened I would have been really mad!!! I'll explain. 

While visiting Santa at the library earlier today, I decided to try to get on the blog and do a quick update. I often attempt such ill advised stunts since we still do not have internet at home and the library is my gateway to modern society.  Anyhow, I really don't like our huge following (haha-we have 24 the last time I checked) to have to wait for more than a few days without some sort of story about our television free life.  So when I logged in to the blog, at first glance I thought I had made a mistake, or worse yet that I had completely forgotten about having written a creative update about the Daniel's family which given my state of mind at the time was completey within the realm of possibility. The opening post was entitled, "The Daniels".  I actually logged out and quickly logged back in with the same result so I decided to read it and try to figure out what was going on.  Miranda's unexpected update (seriously we hadn't heard from her in months)  really threw me for a loop.  It was pretty incredible, two full paragraphs in length, entertaining and she even complimented me.  Incredible.  Now if we could just hear from the Smiths and the vanKotens life would be AWESOME!

Well shortly after I read the post I discovered that my kids had disappeared so I had to investigate their whereabouts. I found Hazel unplugging the copy machine, Kara coloring a picture and Aven hanging out with his new BFF, Emily Kate (I think love may be in the air there).  I felt like such a horrible mother for providing such poor supervision that I spent the rest of my time completely involved with my kids which probably was a good thing all things considered.  I never got back to the blog until just now and this is only possible because I stole my in-laws aircard thingamagiggy so we have internet for the night! 

It really is like living in the stone ages at our place, no television, no internet, and our phone is getting switched to the new house soon so then we will be without that for a few days as well.  Also adding to the stone age allure at our home is the fact that I refuse to grocery shop until we move.  Hauling grocery into the house once is enough. I absolutely refuse to drag new stuff here to turn around and drag it to the new place in a couple weeks. I do buy milk, but other than that nada. As a result, dinner has been getting more and more comparable to the hunter gatherer meals of yesteryear.  It isn't pretty, but I figure if I refuse to shop it may motivate Jeff to try to push our move in plan along a little faster.  He seems to be in no particular hurry to move.  And I am ready to move.

I need to get back to the near car crash which happened shortly after leaving the library because I wasn't paying attention. My exuse. Well the update about the Daniels was so inspirational to me so that I found myself thinking about it as I drove and I was daydreaming about the whole NOTV thing and pondering how to get my book moving along again and I didn't notice a car that was stopping in front of us.  I nearly rear ended it.  Thank goodness I didn't after the garage incident Jeff would have been really unforgiving of such an accident. The rest of the day was uneventful other than the fact that I did get to take a nap with Aven for about and hour!  It was heavenly.

Hazel and I went to Sam's Club shopping tonight and upon return home found Jeff, Kara and Aven watching Charlie Brown.  Jeff is such a cheater.  We were gone less than two hours and he had to watch television.  Anyhow, I let it slide until the next commercial and then insisted the TV go off and the kids head to bed. 

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment