Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, February 3, 2012

Still reading, writing and relaxing

I am still reading (I'm on book number 5 for the year!), writing (I'm on Chapter 7 of my book) and lately relaxing (I've been in the jetted tub twice in the past week) too!  But I haven't been running.  Actually I have not run in the past 72 hours and it feels very strange to not be running.  After 58 days of consecutive days spent running, this is very strange indeed.  Yesterday, I did ride on a stationary bike at the Aquatic Center. This biking outing was immediatly following four hours of heavy duty house cleaning at the old house. I needed a break and that felt strange as well to ride a bike instead of run, but I am trying to give my legs a true break from running.  Tomorrow morning I will be back at it running my first organized race since the marathon when I take on the Fremont Frostbite 10K.  I can't wait to lace up and hit the road.  And depending on how things go I might just start up another streak.  We'll see. 

Today we are working to clean house, hang pictures and otherwise prepare to watch the Super Bowl with friends at our place.  The kids are also on a Dino-sports mission.  There is a really cute series of Dino-Basketball, Dino-Soccer, Dino-Baseball, Dino-Hockey etc, etc books that we have checked out of the library.  We read Dino-Baseball this morning which totally got me in the mood for some Tigers Baseball. Sometimes, even though I despise television, I wish for cable television just to watch their games.  However, WLAV does a great job broadcasting them on the radio so I just listen instead.

Anyhow, not much else happening here.  Hazel was singing Jesus Loves Me atop the table the other day while we were here (at the library) but today she is silenced by the babies that she is helping to use the potty.  If only she would start using the potty more regularly, then we could be a diaper free zone!

Vern out

No comments:

Post a Comment