Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Monday, October 24, 2011

Library take Two

And I find myself at the library with my three children trying to blog again.  Somethings never change.  One thing that has changed is that we have finally started spending some serious quality time with our "365 things without television to do with kids" a book that a friend sent me a few months ago and there are some really terrific games in there.  Thanks Kim Lowe for the awesome gift! 

Ideas that we have taken from the book so far include adopting a tree, several fun and educational games, home-made art supplies and some fun songs and this is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak.  I can't wait to find more ideas to use now that the cooler weather is here. 

Anyhow, we came to the library for the second time today after our first attempt was a dismal failure. It was possibly the worst trip to the library that we have ever endured. We were literally in the library for less than fifteen minutes during which time both children were whining and throwing  fits and it ended just as ugly with me dragging my son from the library while he screamed on in anguish.  To be completely honest, I was kind of surprised that no one thought I was abducting him and the police were not called. 

Oh well, we are back at it and this time it is going MUCH better.  I have all three kids this time and each is playing nicely with toys and computers. It seems Hazel has even gotten over her fascination with electical outlets and table dancing so she is watching Kara play Dora on the computer and not climbing uncontrollably or trying to ruin the computer and copy machine.  I guess some things do change!

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment